Ask any wedding photographer and you will hear a quick and loud "YES, hire a makeup artist!" They will then explain to you that you simply do not want to risk looking blotchy, shiny or just one color for your wedding photos.
Certainly you can go into a salon on your "wedding day" that will provide hair and makeup and you may possibly find a salon at a reduced price. While this plan may save you a few dollars, this is a sure path to disaster that you will only realize weeks after your wedding when you see the finished photos.
Why you ask.....
Professional Makeup Application & Hair Style?
1) Your local hair salon will generally only have a licensed cosmetologist on staff, who may or may not specialize in updos/style, make-up and lash extensions. This can only ADD stress at a time that is already very stressful. The benefit in hiring someone who specializes in weddings will bring peace of mind to you on your wedding day, knowing that the artist you have hired specializes in bridal beauty, and has worked with brides and will cater to your needs.
2) Camera Ready Products: a professional makeup artist is trained in the color science of makeup application. Applying makeup that will be photographed is MUCH different than applying makeup for day-to-day wear. A professional makeup artist not only considers your skin tone, hair color, and eye color, but also factors in the colors of your dress, your bridesmaid's dresses and even more importantly the types of light sources that will be present when your photos are taken.
3) Package deal: A salon does not typically offer a discount on makeup services when there are several members in the wedding party. A professional makeup artist will usually offer a discount on makeup services for a large group or a special discount for the bride who will be booking a package deal.
4) Convenience: freelance Makeup Artists have the ability to travel to your location. This saves you the time, trouble, & stress of getting to a salon. A professional makeup artist can also stay with you throughout your wedding day to be available for any touch ups or look changes.
5) NO Regret You've spent hundreds if not thousands on your beautiful wedding dress, your location is set and you have your photographer....
Now to be beautified and see the jaws drop from your guest
on how stunning you look on your wedding day will
complete the magic that only a princess can feel on her
Ask any bride who did not hire a professional hair & makeup artist, and they will most likely tell you that was the one thing they wished they had done! YOU WILL HAVE NO REGRETS!